Monday, October 6, 2014

Rainy Monday - Procrastinating 10/6/2014

I can't believe it! It's raining. It's chilly and damp. It was only a few weeks ago that we were enjoying an extended summer - warm sunshine, dry air.

It's time to order a winter's supply of Toasti Toes, get out the Cuddle-Duds and black suede Ryka shoes and "World's Softest Socks" - black ones!

I wear a photographer's vest - the one I bought in San Francisco many years ago at a Banana Republic store. I love this vest with all it's pockets - especially the pocket across the lower back. The sales person told me that one of his customer's carried his dog! Thinking maybe it might be a small daschund!

The latest project (around here) has been going through more photos and files. I keep re-finding photos which re-trigger memories and the stories that go with them. I'll be choosing more to upload to my computer photo files and share on Facebook. I like Facebook for having a place to create albums and share photos with family and friends and even "others" I don't really know - yet.

I've been wondering about the wedding photos of Harry and me that were in a small white photo album. The pictures are "clear in my mind" but the album is missing. I'm thinking they are in the attic with several years of daily diaries which I put into a trunk for safe-keeping. Will I be pulling down those creaky, wooden attic stairs to find that album? Yes, most probably. When the weather is chilly (like today) I will be considering whether it's "worth the effort".

I will be watching some old VHS tapes of Mama's award ceremonies today and wondering, too, if I know how to transcribe them to DVD - used to do it - but now will need to re-read the instructions in the booklet that came with the VCR player.

The furnace is humming alont - heating up the cottage to "cozy" - making me sleepy enough for a short nap (20 minutes or so).....zzzzz. Onward!



No comments:

Post a Comment