Monday, January 25, 2016

Happy 79th Birthday to Me! 1/17/206

Well, Happy Birthday to Me!

 I have completed seventy-nine years on this planet as of January 17th, 2016 at 2:32 a.m.  I often tell people that I was born "A Hundred Years Ago" (the title of a song which we played on an old '78 record years ago).

 For inspiration, I really am glad people are posting Facebook pictures of many centenarians - people who have survived much and have many life lessons to share - especially encouraging thoughts and advice.

Karen Lucile Brown - Garrison - Kelly @ 79 years of age!
As I've aged, I am very comfortable with the fact that there a lot of "no more have-to's" which I thought I "had to do" during my "growing up years". Now, I know from constant counseling with Mr. Edgar Gibson of The Strategy Group - that it's behavior that "is everything" and knowing it's the phrase "I CHOOSE" that's energizing to "Spirit" (Soul) - the real me!

So now, instead of being compliant and co-dependent, I know I can choose. In the past, I often chose behaviors which did not "fit" who I was - but it seemed (at the time) the "easy way out" to escape the possible encounter with a combative foe! This is not to say that I didn't battle my way through many absurd situations brought on by circumstance - sometimes beyond my own "choosing".

I know now, that many of the idiotic and chaotic years were spent with sick, sad people. I thought I could "rescue" them! After many, many years of counseling with various shrinks, Family Service, Al-Anon, Co-Da, etc. and finally now with Mr. Edgar Gibson, I have reach the "age and stage" of being "all grown up" and still leaning how to assert myself in ways that do not hurt me or others. I'm learning to "respond and not react".

Thinking back on all those "challenges" which took away my energy and time from a possible career as a serious writer and artist (I still write and paint), I realize that I learned a lot and now can put those "mistakes" to rest. And, thinking, too, how many of those anger-provoking souls are now "at rest" - not even here on this planet, but still floating in the back folds of my brain!

Today - it's a wonderful day to just have time, time to myself. I love a quiet day with nothing "particular" on my schedule except to do "what I want to do" - write, paint, putter and read. I like listening to music as I sit at my computer - clicking keys.

What did I do on my birthday this year? I celebrated my 79th birthday with my son, Marshall Garrison at Embers restaurant. Marshall gave me a beautiful set of snow tires and installed them, too. And, he gave me a funny birthday card!

I also appreciate all the birthday greetings on Facebook, cards and special gifts - handmade soap and chocolates. Thank you all - so glad to be with you here - "Sharin' With Karen"! Onward!


No comments:

Post a Comment