Sunday, May 14, 2017

Mother's Day 5/14/17

Happy Mother's Day! 5/14/2017

How does this "widder lady" spend this Mother's Day?
Mother's Day Poppy 5/14/2017

Our original plans to go to Swampwater Grill on Kellogg Avenue were scrapped due to Marshall's not being well - having the flu/cold bug again. He also didn't want to expose me again to any more "bugs" either. And, it certainly would be putting others "at risk" from a possible germ-laden sneeze.

Today began with my early morning (5 a.m.) breakfast of blueberries, almond milk, soft boiled egg with a couple pats of butter. I usually drink a bit of water and then return to bed for more rest.

I checked my cell phone for email, Facebook and Twitter notifications. This morning I was alerted to a "LIVE" broadcast from China BARF (reestablishment of the old Silk Way). I watched an incredible LIVE performance of Chinese ballet, contemporary opera singing, Libestraum played by an "awesome" pianist, acrobats and traditional Chinese opera. The staging and sets were spectacular.

And right there in the front row was the Chinese president, his wife and Vladimir Putin, himself!

I was amazed to realize that I was just one of the few 700 or so people signed up to watch it my phone!

Morning progressed. I watched more morning television and received a special phone call from my sister in Florida. Happy Mother's Day!

Finally I "put myself together". I had a morning snack of a hard boiled egg and some celery sticks. I put some laundry into the washer. Then it was soon time for my chicken salad (from the health food store) and Kukicha green tea. I enjoy having my salad in a wooden bowl which gives me a "sense of Zen".

For today's gardening project, I dug up Vinca vines and put some into the window boxes alongside my home. This is an on-going project. I'm looking around to see what plants I already have around here that are deer proof perennials. Some 4 o'clocks have come up from last year, so I transplanted five of them into the big pots on the patio.

Later I watched a PBS Sunday "soap". I charged the battery on my camera and took a lot of pictures of this year's Iris, peonies, poppy and roses. The huge white Iris didn't bloom this year. Maybe it's a biennial!
So now, I'm writing this blog and will add a photo of the poppy in celebration of this special Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day! 

Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment