Sunday, February 11, 2018

AUCTION! Everything but this and that!

It's finally time to blog on about why I've been "side-tracked".

Months have gone by with my main focus being on "stuff" - what to do with it all? Rooms filled with stuff, but organized "out of sight". Cupboards are filled to the brim - no more room for anything else. How did this happen? It happened by buying, by inheriting "other people's stuff" and by having many interests in many things: cooking, art, Meetups, family events and "history".

I think I've mentioned my Meetup group called "The Society of Too Much Stuff" which I created a few years ago to address this matter of "stuff", especially my stuff and how to progress beyond just living with it and constantly spending time and money on upkeep of it all.

Over the years I've donated many, many items to various charitable auctions, thrift stores, Freecycle and to people that come into my studio for classes or an art walk. I have had a FREE table outside my studio in the hall for years. Now the Essex Studios FREE table is near the vending machines.

"Indigo Hippo" is a non-profit art thrift store downtown on Main Street. I have been donating a lot to them, too. This week my donation box was filled with candles, a broken bracelet and a Chinese paper umbrella. I had in mind "at one time" to have a Chinese themed party (again - did it a few years ago and blew the electrical circuits when I had too many appliances - electric wok, etc. connected on the same circuit). I gave the bamboo table runners to "the Hippo". I gave them stacks of black napkins and some sparkly silver threaded ones, too.

I'm ready now for the "big time" game of getting rid of higher valued items and testing myself with the fact that these items might go for "peanuts". The main thing I'm considering is that the SPACE without the items is more valuable than having things I don't really want to care for or care about.

Everything But the House (EBTH) is now auctioning off items. The bids are low and I'm hoping for more people to bid and at least make it worth my time and effort. I'm following my "dashboard" to see what's being bid on. I'll know soon what has sold!

I packed up another "lot" to take to EBTH and am donating one of my own paintings for one of their charitable auctions. There I go again ... giving away my art (been doing it for years).

Next Saturday our "Society of Too Much Stuff" will meet again. I will have met my goal to "SELL, SELL, SELL"!
Crystal & Silver Ink Well

No comments:

Post a Comment