Monday, February 13, 2017

2/13/17 Beyond the Pale

Hello again!

I have finally emerged from the "awful" bug that has attacked many people this winter. It lasted three weeks! I was able to breathe and didn't have serious stomach issues. My temperature hovered around 98 degrees. I welcome this gift of "feeling normal again" with a big THANK YOU, DEAR GOD!

I didn't get the flu shot. I heard that this strain of the flu or cold wasn't covered by this year's flu shot. All I know is that I was sick. So, I went into full gear for dealing with each physical challenge.

Some people use a Netti pot. I have a syringe thing called Nasaline which sucks up a mixture of nasal rinse powder and warm water. It clear out sinuses very well. And, a warm salt water gargle helps, too.

Supplies: plenty of Kleenex or other brand, Vicks Vapo Rub, pan of steaming water, clean sheets, cough drops, decongestant, and Umcka (a syrup).

Having a steam shower is one of the best investments ever! To sit in the steam with eucalyptus essential oil percolating up to the ceiling is definitely "healing".

A trip to Dr. Robert M. Letscher, for an acupuncture treatment helped me feel better, too.

Reorganize activities: Cancelled housekeeping team - didn't want to spread my germs to them and didn't need to clean the house anyhow.

Main activity: REST!

Entertainment: Dumb, numbing TV programs. First 48 Hours (crime stuff).

Intake: TEA, more TEA - Sencha green tea and peppermint tea. WATER, more WATER. Chicken broth! Scrambled eggs, soft scrambled eggs, fish.

Today  I am so much better. I will update this blog, but wanted to get it done before our WAG meeting! WAG = Writers Accountability Group. (Updated at 6 p.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment